Dr. Sofia Wolmers gives her patients a complete dermatology review with clinical precision and a warm human touch. From harmless blemishes to pre-cancerous threats, you can trust Dr. Wolmers to recognize and diagnose all skin conditions, then treat them effectively to enhance your beauty and health. She is an expert in treating all things related to skin, hair and nails, including alopecia, or hair loss.
Since opening her professional clinic in 2006, Dr. Wolmers stays at the forefront of recent dermatological advances by attending international medical conferences, such as the American Academy of Dermatology in New Orleans in 2005 and 2012, and national conferences in Ecuador, Mexico and throughout Central America.
Patients come to see Dr. Wolmers when they have moles, spots, or rashes that have recently appeared, or old ones that are changing. Sometimes persistent skin eruptions do not respond to conventional pharmacy medications and require the precise attention of a professional dermatologist. Long-term itching, pain, redness, eruptions, or sensitivity could indicate allergy, systemic abnormalities, or something much more serious. Dr. Wolmers has the expert experience and diverse education to determine your optimal treatment plan.
With the latest generation technology, the doctor can perform all sorts of minor surgeries. First, she will request imaging or pathology for a suspicious lesion, then plan for the most effective treatment. These procedures can be performed in her clinic at Multimedica:
- Excise (remove) cancerous lesions.
- Take a skin biopsy, to analyze in the laboratory to confirm the diagnosis, evaluation and to determine a treatment plan decision that’s best for the patient.
- Repair disfigurements caused by congenital abnormalities.
- Perform cosmetic laser and peeling treatments.
- Cryotherapy and Radiosurgery (electro-surgery)
A new treatment therapy in Dr. Wolmers’ clinic is virtual mesotherapy a painless, non-invasive method to smooth skin texture of the face, neck, hands, chest. Virtual mesotherapy is an alternative to injections. Medium-frequency low-modulated currents cause the micropores of the cell membrane to temporarily open, allowing for transdermal passage of regenerative growth factors – pharmaceutical and natural – to enter the deep layers of the skin.
With this electroporation technique, cell membranes become permeable, allowing the cells to effectively absorb the vital nutrients in each active ingredient, for optimum results. The unique prescription of ingredients that Dr. Wolmers prepares for you will help fight free radicals, and to encourage cellular activity, circulation, lymphatic drainage, fat cell disbursement, collagen enhancement and elastin production. Vitamin C and hyaluronic acid are usually added to improve overall skin tone and quality.
Dr. Wolmers says, “We offer every patient our positive energy, personal comfort, and a protective environment where they are respected as individuals. We are grateful to provide the high-quality service that initiates satisfying long-term patient relationships.”
Whether she is applying youthful cosmetic fillers and treatments, or analyzing a suspicious lesion, Dr. Wolmers is the skin care expert you can depend on to be seriously dedicated to investigating the root cause of your problem, assuring the proper diagnosis, and then determining the best cure: accurately, effectively and beautifully.
Dermatiks Dermatology, Guatemala City
- Director Medical, practica privada, hasta la fecha. Medical Director, to present, 2017
Academia Guatemalteca de Dermatología Guatemalan Academy of Dermatologists
- Miembro Activo hasta la fecha. Active Member to present, 2017
- Vocal I de la Junta Directiva. Member of the Board, 2015
- Presidente de la Junta Directiva. President of the Board of Directors, 2012-2014
Swiss Society of Charity Sociedad Suiza de Beneficencia
- Active Member Miembro Activo
- Secretary of the Board of Directors. Secretaria de Junta Directiva, 2001-2015
Instituto de Dermatologia y Cirugia de Piel, Guatemala
- Jefe de Consulta Externa, Inderma, Chief of External Consultation, 2005-2010
- Jefe de Residentes, Chief Resident, 2004-2005
Colegio de Medicos y Cirujanos de Guatemala
- Colegiado #11717. Active Member
Universidad de Francisco Marroquin, Facultad de Medicina, Instituto de Dermatologia y Cirugia de Piel. UFM Medical School, Guatemala City – Dermatology and Skin Surgery Institute
- Postgrado, Post graduate degree, 2005
- Postgrado en Medicina Interna, 2001. Internal Medicine Degree, 2001
Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA
- Elective Course in Dermatological Laser Surgery. Pactica Electiva en Laser en Dermatologia, 2004
Hospital Infantil Jorge Castañeda, Teculutan, Guatemala
- Dermatología, Dermatology, 2004
Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston MA
- Elective course in Laser Dermatology, 2004. Electiva en Laser en Dermatologia, 2004
- Elective Course in Nephrology. Practica Electivo en Nefrologia, 2001
Universidad de San Carlos de Guatemala, Facultad de Medicina. San Carlos Medical School
- Licenciatura en Medicina. Medical Degree, 2000
Hospital Roosevelt, Ciudad de Guatemala
- Internado de Cirugia. Surgical Intern, 2000
Come back soon to read articles by or about the Doctor
Adalimumab Para el Tratamientode la Psoriasis Moderata y Severa, por Dra. Sofia Wolmers
- Tesis – titulo de Dermatologo, 2005
Monografia de Psoriasis y su Caracterzacion Epidemiologica y Clinica, por Dra. Sofia Wolmers
- Tesis – titulo de Medico y Cirujano, 2001
Come back soon to read about the latest treatment methods that this doctor finds most interesting
Please write to us about your experience with the doctor in the “Comments” section below. Other patients will be interested to know more about the doctor’s skill, experience, ethics and personal attention, as they resulted in your successful outcome
Peer Reviews From Other Doctors
Read here what other doctors have to say about this doctor
Charity, Public Service, Donations
Public service and caring for the less fortunate is a way of life in the Latin american culture
Patient Success Stories
Every patient has different circumstances and expectations. We will tell you about an interesting and unusual case that the doctor was able to turn around with unexpectedly outstanding results