Dr. Ana de Ojeda is a dermatology specialist at the Dermos Clinic at Edificio Multimedica in zone 15 of Guatemala City. She is highly skilled in diagnosing and treating all illnesses of the skin, hair, and nails, as well as providing cosmetic treatments to reduce the appearance of aging.
Some patients visit Dr. Ana de Ojeda seeking solutions for complex skin disorders requiring regular monitoring and follow up. For congenital disorders, infections, or cancerous lesions, Dr. de Ojeda has the experience and a modern high-tech clinic to perform minor and major surgery procedures including cryotherapy with liquid nitrogen, radiosurgery, punch or excisional biopsies, skin cancer, and benign lesion surgery.
Sun exposure affects everyone differently. If you have a mole or birthmark that is changing in shape or color, you may need a biopsy to inspect it more closely for pre-cancerous status. To smooth the appearance of wrinkles or an uneven complexion, Dr. Ana de Ojeda offers cosmetic fillers, botulinum toxin, or laser rejuvenation for sun damage.
For evaluation and treatment of hair loss or nail infections, cosmetic care, regular annual check-ups, or anything more serious, you can trust Dr. de Ojeda to give a precise diagnosis and excellent results.
Guatemalan Board of Medical Doctors and Surgeons.
- Medical License Number 16,138
Asociación Guatemalteca de Dermatología
- XIX Dermatology National Meeting “Challenges in Today’s Dermatology”. Guatemala (November 2016)
- XVIII Dermatology National Meeting “Multidisciplinary Approach for the Skin”. Guatemala (November 2014)
- XXVIII Central American and Caribbean Dermatology Meeting. Panama (November 2013)
- I Pediatric Dermatology National Meeting “Approach of Dermatologic Problems in Pediatrics”. Guatemala (September 2013)
- XVII Guatemalan Academy of Dermatology´s Dermatology National Meeting “The Skin Througout Life”. Guatemala (November 2012)
Click here to download the complete CV of Dra. Ana de Ojeda
- Dermatology and Skin Surgery Residency. Instituto de Dermatología y Cirugía de Piel, INDERMA, Universidad Francisco Marroquín, Guatemala, Guatemala (September 2015); Academic Honors for highest overall score obtained during Dermatology Residency.
- Research Fellowship. Fundación Aldo Castañeda, Guatemala, Guatemala (2010).
- Licentiate Degree in Medicine and Surgery, School of Medicine, Universidad Francisco Marroquín, Guatemala, Guatemala (2010). Medical License Number 16,138.
- Baccalaureus Scientiae. School of Medicine, Universidad Francisco Marroquín, Guatemala, Guatemala (2010)
Come back soon to read articles by or about the Doctor
PUBLICATIONS / PRESENTATIONS (Selected):
- de Ojeda A, Rivas E. Incidental Finding of Ungueal Arcanobacteria. (November 2016). Scientific poster presented at XIX Dermatology National Meeting “Challenges in Today’s Dermatology”; Guatemala.
- Rivas ES, de Ojeda de León A, Bolaños Peña R. Propanolol proposed as therapy for profound infantile hemangiomas. (November 2016). Scientific poster presented at XIX Dermatology National Meeting “Challenges in Today’s Dermatology”; Guatemala.
- de Ojeda A. Acne and Diet. (September 2016). Oral presentation at II Multimédica Interdisciplinary Meeting; Guatemala.
- Rivas ES, de Ojeda de León A, Bolaños Peña R. Propanolol proposed as therapy for profound infantile hemangiomas. (August-September 2016). Scientific poster presented at XXXII Scientific Week at AMEDESGUA/Hospital Herrera Llerandi; Guatemala.
- de Ojeda A. Body Dysmorphic Disorder Prevalence in Cosmetic Patients. (May 2015). Research project presented at INDERMA; Guatemala.
Come back soon to read about the latest treatment methods that this doctor finds most interesting
Please write to us about your experience with the doctor in the “Comments” section below. Other patients will be interested to know more about the doctor’s skill, experience, ethics and personal attention, as they resulted in your successful outcome
I was directed to see Dr. Ana de Ojeda right away, after Dr. Collia voiced concern about the ugly dark blisters on my hand. Fortunately, I was able to have a consultation with her between patients and she quickly and accurately diagnosed my situation with no doubt at all. It was reassuring to me to know that my skin/nerves condition was under control and on the way to being completely cured, all within a half an hour. I have complete faith in Dr. De Ojeda for any dermatological problems in the future.
Lori Shea, Founder of Guatemala Medical Travel, 2016
Peer Reviews From Other Doctors
Read here what other doctors have to say about this doctor
Charity, Public Service, Donations
Public service and caring for the less fortunate is a way of life in the Latin american culture
Dr. Ana de Ojeda has contributed her dermatological medical skills and sincere attention to patients at an occupational training center in an underprivileged inner-city neighborhood in Guatemala. The evangelical church sponsors a plantation which offers classes in carpentry, agriculture, harvesting, and life skills. At this center, the doctor participated as a voluntary dermatologist to see patients freely on an outpatient setting, performed cryotherapy, and donated medications for treatment of skin, hair, and nail disease.
During a week-long medical mission, Dr. Ana de Ojeda worked side-by-side with dermatologists from the University of Pennsylvania, seeing outpatients, and performing minor skin surgeries to patients from several villages around Lake Atitlán, at Guatemala.
With the Helping Hands Mission, during Dr. Ana de Ojeda’s training as a medical doctor, she contributed with translation services and outpatient care at San Juan Sacatepéquez (at Guatemala City outskirts), in October 2007.
Patient Success Stories
Every patient has different circumstances and expectations. We will tell you about an interesting and unusual case that the doctor was able to turn around with unexpectedly outstanding results
Dr. de Ojeda recently treated a 29-year-old patient with skin cancer on his face. Biopsy confirmed a basal cell carcinoma, which was treated with probe cryotherapy and topical chemotherapy with satisfactory results and without leaving a scar.